Lets get to the different methods available for retrieving our locked phone.
- USING ADB(Android debug bridge)
What you need..
- A computer running on linux or windows
- A usb cable to connect the phone to the computer
- ADB installed in the computer.
How to install ADB
Type“sudo apt–get install android–tools–adb”
-> Hit [Enter]
- Connect your turned on device to the computer using the usb cable
- Open terminal
- Type the following.
Reboot your android device and when you still find a pattern. Draw any pattern and the phone will be unlocked.
- Download the aroma file manager into an sd card Using another phone. Its not an app its a flashable zip file. It can be flashed using a recovery like twrp, cwm, philz etc.
- Insert the sd card and Open the locked phone into recovery by pressing power button simultaneously with volume down button.
- There’ll b an option in recovery called “mount”. Go in that option and then mount all the cache and everything it is there.
- Then select “update” and select “apply update from SD/external” and select aroma file manger.zip file that you downloaded from above link.
- After Flashing or updating, the aroma file manager will open. Use volume keys for up/down and power button to select like you use to get into recovery.
- In aroma File manager , Go to menu, which is located in bottom strip and then select Settings
- Go to bottom n select “mount all partition in startup ” then exit from aroma file manager
- Now after exit, re-update that aromafile again and it will open again
- Go to data >> and then System.Then find ‘gesture.key’ (for pattern lock) and ’password.key’ (for password lock) then long touch on gesture.key or password.key and sum option will be prompted , choose delete and delete that file and restart.
If you see the gesture pattern is still there just draw any random pattern and it will unlock.